Anaya who is 7
Kymora who is 6
Tiana just turned 5 on the 26th
And Taliya is the baby of the group, she is 3 and will be 4 in January.
Here they all are on the first day of school.
So I guess I can start this first post off by telling you why I am so busy (as if having 4 kids wasnt reason enough). A typical day for me goes something like this
- 6:15am Wake up and pick out the girls clothes for the day
- 6:20am Wake up girls
- 7:00am Start my first leg of my very long commute to their school. My children attend a Magnet School in High Point NC which is roughly 25 miles away. Its a 30 minute drive for me each way which brings my total time just taking the children to and from school 2 hours and adds 100 miles to my car everyday. *smh*
- 8:20am is when I usually return home and during this time I am typically making breakfast for Taliya who stays home with me or trying to sneak a couple moments of sleep in.
- 9:00am is in theory when my work day starts (its in theory because I have been out with pneumonia for awhile), I work from home for a cable company. However, since I have been home sick I take this time to prepare Taliya for kindergarten. Its never too early to start learning
- 1:00pm I need to be leaving out to pick up the girls from school. I arrive about an hour early to their school because its located right next to a park so this way I can take Taliya to the playground (we usually bring a bag lunch and picnic in the park) and walk a couple laps around the walking trail while waiting to pick the girls up.
- 2:30pm is when the girls are dismissed from school
- 3:00pm is when I typically arrive back home and give the girls a snack. I try to get some of my own homework done, that doesn't always happen for a variety of reasons. I am currently a senior at North Carolina A&T majoring in Business Economics.
- 4:00pm I start my housework for the day which typically includes at least 2 loads of laundry, washing the dishes because I am unfortunate enough to live in a house with no dishwasher, sweeping/ mopping the floors and supervising the girls cleaning their playroom and bedroom
- 5:00pm I start dinner, since I am not working (if I had been then I would have started it at 4) and when I am working this is the start of the second half of my shift.
- 6:00pm is homework hour for the girls, since they attend a magnet school each child typically has between 30 minutes to an hour of homework each night
- 7:00p, starts bath time. Rather than bathe them individually which would take way too much water, or as a group which I used to when they were smaller bath time is divided into 2 30 minute baths where each girl takes turns choosing their bath partner
- 8:00pm starts bedtime, the girls are allowed to watch 30 minutes of TV so they can settle themselves into bed. My husband usually gets home from work around this time.
- 8:30pm is lights out for the girls
- 9:00pm would be when I finished my workday
- 9:30-11:00 is when I try to spend quiet time with my husband... this time varies based on what homework I actually got accomplished earlier in the day though.
- 12:00am is typically when I crawl into bed.
That was exhausting just typing it.




No comments:
Post a Comment