Saturday, September 1, 2012

Back to School Week

Talk about a hectic week, not only was this week the older three girls first week at a brand new school we also celebrated my little sisters 17th birthday. My oldest started 2nd grade, I also have a 1st grader and a Kindergartner who are all settling in nicely in their new school. They, like mommy are still trying to adjust to getting up at six am again. (Not my favorite part of the day) While everything on the academic side seems to be going well they have started early this year on making me dread school.

On Thursday Kymora my 1st grader came home and proudly proclaimed to her father "Look Daddy I have Boobs!" while grabbing the flat area her boobs will one day inhabit.... I dont think the word mortified properly sums it up. Her daddy was equally shocked and promptly told her to hush, only for her to announce "No really look" and it was as if she had been watching a girls gone wild marathon, in one swift motion she lifts her shirt and flashes her father like she wanted him to throw Mardi Gras beads. Definitely not one of my finest motherhood moments.... all I knew to do was put her shirt back down and ask her who had taught her that? She of course had no answer but I am pretty sure this is the doing of one of her new "friends" who is a little too grown. I would really not like to re-visit the "boob" topic for the next few years.... please and thank you.... and im sure my husband agrees with me.

On Friday we went to the Pet store to get supplies for our newest animal acquisition... a hermit crab named Pinky that was given to my youngest child by a friend of mine. Now when you see hermit crabs in the pet store you dont typically give them much thought, or at least I never had because they seem like such a ridiculously easy animal to care for... No walking or training required, just drop in some food and water from time to time and go on about your day. This I discovered after actually getting one is the furthest thing from the truth, in fact they are probably the most difficult of all of my animals to care for... and I currently own 2 Siberian Huskies, 1 cockatiel, 1 parakeet and a cat. For something so small it really does need a lot of stuff... It has to have 2 water bowls, one for salt water and the other for fresh water, somewhere to climb, somewhere to dig, somewhere to hide, an extra shell choice and a companion because apparently they get lonely. So to add to Pinky we bought a smaller hermit crab and named him Brain.

We later went to dinner to celebrate my little sisters 17th birthday, we went to a Japanese Steakhouse by the name of Arigatos, by far one of my favorite restaurants. We start the meal off with a salad covered in lots of ranch dressing... and of course my children just had to eat it with their training chop sticks. While most of the food made it to their mouths, the same cant be said for the ranch dressing, it ended up on their clothing... as well as my mothers clothing. My always dramatic Tiana initially pretended to be afraid of the fire which flares up during the preparation of the food, but she ended up enjoying the night more than any of the others. And while my husband and I had an excellent meal, with the bill for us being triple digits I definitely plan to leave them home for our next trip there because I am sure they would have been equally excited about McDonalds, and I would have saved $60. All and all it was a great day though.

No comments:

Post a Comment